Monday, May 28, 2007

Statement of Purpose!

This has been a long time in coming and something that I have debated doing for many years-- and it looks like, at long last, I will finally pull the trigger and commit myself to the wonderful responsibilty of blogging!

As many of you might know, I am a regular contributor (and US correspondent) to the Japanese film website Midnight Eye (http://www.midnighteye.com). Throughout my long involvement with them I have written some film criticisms which have not been used for various reasons: some didn't fit into the editorial guidlines of the site, some just weren't well written and some got lost in the shuffle.

Not wanting these reviews to fall off into the abyss and also wanting to promote my own filmmaking endevors, I've decided that to blog is actually a good thing!

So here's what I promise you, my faithful readers, from here on out:

1. Japanese film reviews-- many from Japanese language only releases. These would be obscure, forgotten, or just plain esoteric films that I've watched that I want to tell you about.

2. Japanese music reviews: I've been buying old Japanese movie soundtracks and music (punk, noise, psychadelic, enka) for several years. Now is a chance for me to talk about them!

3. Maboroshii Productions news: simply is anything that is going on with me and my film and TV work.

And that's about it! I hope that you check in regularly!

Let's see where it goes!

No comments: